Group Interview Information
In order to best select our camp staff, we use a two-interview process. The first interview is a group interview during which participants are asked to participate in discussions about camp and children, to work together, and to teach something to the interview group that you might teach to children at camp.
Here are some basic guidelines:
- What you teach is up to you; but, it should be an activity you might teach at camp such as a song, game, craft or skill.
- Please plan to teach to a group of 6 – 10 other applicants. If you choose to provide materials (for example, for teaching a craft), please plan accordingly.
- Plan to teach as if you were actually teaching a group of children.
- Please note that you will be restricted to an indoor space.
- You will be allotted approximately 5 minutes of teaching time.
Dates and times for the group interviews that we are holding for the upcoming summer are listed here. You will indicate which group interview date you would like to attend when you submit your application. Group interviews typically last 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
If the interview that you select is already full, we will contact you regarding rescheduling. Information about a possible follow-up individual interview will be provided at the group interview.
All group interviews are conducted at our summer site location. We lease the site from the Gateway Church: Please note that Camp Kinneret is not affiliated with the Church and is a non-religious, non-sectarian program for all children.
Please allow yourself enough travel time and plan to arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled interview start time.
- From the San Fernando Valley: Take the 101 West to Reyes Adobe Rd. Turn left onto Reyes Adobe Rd.
- From Thousand Oaks, Simi and Camarillo: Take the 101 East to Reyes Adobe Rd. Turn right on Reyes Adobe Rd.
Once on Reyes Adobe Rd.:
- Go 300 yards to Agoura Rd. and turn left onto Agoura Rd.
- Travel approx.1/2 mile on Agoura Rd. to 29646 (on the right)
- Look for signs for Gateway Church. Just past the main driveway, there will be signs directing you to parking and the interview location at camp.